EMPLOYMENT AT CROSSROADS
Job Title: Facilities Lead (part-time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt (15-20 hours a week)
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
The is an opportunity to join the team at Crossroads! Crossroads is an exciting dynamic environment where the staff works hard and has fun doing it. We are a regional church that supports some exciting initiatives locally and oversees. We are also a family! Crossroads has served the San Jose community faithfully for the past 40 years. .
1. Maintain master schedule of room usage and activities.
Assign rooms for approved activities, resolve overlaps/conflicts.
Ensure proper setup, supplies, equipment, teardown, reset for all activities.
Provide Maintenance Staff for cleaning, setup/teardown/reset when appropriate.
Invoice for facility usage when needed.
2. Supervise Maintenance Staff, volunteers and outside contractors to ensure that church buildings, equipment, parking lots and grounds are clean, safe, in good repair, and well-organized.
Perform walk-through on a weekly basis to ensure cleaning and repairs are being done and to identify new requirements.
Communicate any repairs or cleaning that needs to be brought to the attention of the Maintenance Staff.
Follow up on progress of repair or cleaning issues.
Provide thorough instructions on jobs each employee is responsible for and how often these jobs need to be done.
Update Maintenance Staff schedule weekly or biweekly to ensure proper cleaning, maintenance and support for scheduled activities.
See that all maintenance personnel are properly versed in safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment and that all personnel adhere to applicable laws and codes pertaining to toxic material, pesticides, etc.
3. Manage contracts with outside Contractors/Suppliers and arrange appointments for preventive maintenance and repair calls. Coordinate service appointments with Maintenance Staff.
4. Communicate with tenants when needed to ensure that their facility usage and maintenance needs are met and that they are adhering to their responsibilities when using the property.
5. Ensure proper procedures are being followed for locking and arming of the church building.
Provide training for new employees/users on locking doors and setting alarms.
Coordinate with cleaning companies, Preschool and Ministries when needed.
Provide keys to employees and ministry leaders when requested.
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a team player, able to take direction and lead others. Some experience with construction, electrical, or maintenance is helpful but not required. Some experience with computers is also helpful. We are looking for someone who is organized, punctual, hardworking and reliable.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Ryan Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org